My Toolbar is messed up

Chicagoist

I use AutoCad LT 2008. I don't use it every day but last week when I opened it, my toolbar was basically missing. All it shows is File View Window Help. I have no Tools, no Edit, nothing. Any ideas what went wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks. I have tried that and when I click on any of the files, either they're empty or it will not load. (The only one that would even pretend to let me load it was acadlt.CUI When I clicked to load it, nothing happened.)

Maybe this needs to be moved to the general or beginner's area for more responses.

Hopefully a MOD will see this and move it.

this is from a FAQ that is currently in the works regarding this very problem:

If, when opening AutoCAD, most or all of the pull down menus are missing, there are a couple of things that could be wrong

- The correct profile is not loaded. Go to Format > Options > Profiles tab. If a profile is not loaded, click Import, browse to the profile, click OK and click Set Current. If the wrong profile is loaded, click on the correct profile and choose Set Current.

- Profiles cannot be loaded at all. This problem have occurd when the text "Unable to load profile file. Some profile information saved in last session may not be restored." is shown on the command line (click F2 to see the whole command line window to check if this is the case) when AutoCAD is first started.

To solve this follow the steps below, depending on the version of AutoCAD.

- For 2007 versions and earlier:

Close down AutoCAD.

From the Start menu, select Run and type in XMLINST and hit OK. When it is installed, go to Start menu again, select Run and type in REGSVR32 MSXML3.DLL and hit OK.

- For 2008 and later versions:

Close down AutoCAD. Insert the installation CD, close the Installation Wizard if it appears. Browse the installation CD for this file: \support\msxml\msxml6.msi (msxml6_64.msi for a 64-bit OS) and install it. When the installation is done, go to the Start menu, select Run and type in REGSVR32 MSXML6.dll and OK.

- the ACAD.cui (or another customization file) have not loaded properly. To load it manually typ MENULOAD on the commandline and browse to the appropriate cui-file.

Note: Both profiles and cui-files are saved to this default path: C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Autodesk\>autoCAD version>\\enu\ For more information about search paths, please see the FAQ about Default Paths.