Trying to get rid of a shadow

herdy1212

So I have a floating text infront of a wall and i am placing lights bewteen the text and the wall to try and give it a halo effect.

i also have a light on the opposite of the text to illuminate the scene.

my problem is that i am getting a shadow behind the text on the wall where the other lights are.

on the frontal light i have excluded the text from the light, i have also gone into the text "object properties" and tried both receive shadows and cast shadows and neither seem to remove the shadow.

anyone have any ideas?

I guess I don't understand what's happening. If you Exclude the text from the light, it won't receive illumination, but it also won't cast a shadow. And if you go into the Object Properties and uncheck "Cast Shadows", then it will receive illumination, but it won't cast a shadow. So if you've tried both of these options, then why is your text still casting a shadow?

Can you zip the file and post it here?

Just a thought. :unsure:

When you went into the Object Properties, was it for the text or the light? You need to go into the Object Properties of the text and uncheck "Cast Shadows".