Display state and texture

jkristia

I'm playing with display state right now. Changing hide/show or transpacenry of a part in a given display state is working fine, but I can not get color and texture to change per display state.

I was trying to create a state called 'Material' and then the default. But if I switch to 'Material' state and change the color and / or texture, then this still shows when I switch back to default state.

On top of that, each time I switch the dispay state in the assembly all parts with texture goes black and I have to restart SW to get it back. (I'm pretty sure I saw that before last tiem I played with textures).

Am I doing something wrong with the display states, or is this maybe something that just doesnt work in the version I have (2008 student) and has been fixed since?.

Jesper

when you right click on the part or face or feature and the color ball is in your pop up window, there are options for display state. There is a hierarchy and some options. You can select face, feature, or entire objects but the higher up the tree will "trump" it if that makes sense. If i understand your question right.

Got it, thank you. My problem was I assigned it at part level (second lowest) which doesnt change per display state. If I assign it at lowes level then it does change when the display state change

disp_material.jpg