Error message

MisterJingles

Hi guys

Can someone shed some light on this error I get when I save my drawing?

InternalArgumentException: UnexpectedBlockTableRecord cant determine Attach/overlay.

Also, for some reason all my File References are not showing, yet they are visible on the drawing. When I Refresh the list it gives me the above error again.

Any ideas?

Nothing different to the past 2 months Ive been working on the drawing. Or rather obvious that comes to mind.

Some Xrefs are attached, others werent.

Well I saw the reference to attach/overlay and that's why I asked.

Have you tried an Audit of the drawing or used Recover?

We are talking about just one drawing right?

Yeah just one drawing.

I did an AUDIT this morning but it told me no errors were fixed.

I just did another and it again tells me no errors were found or fixed.

Recover... did solve the problem :)

Can you tell me what the RECOVER does? Work I did on the drawing subsequent to receiving the error still shows as done.

Glad to hear that Recover worked for you.

One thing Recover does is fix a drawing file that contains bad or corrupt header information.

• 2 weeks later...

HI, i use autocad2004 version. few days ago i reinstalled my operating system (xp) and autocad2004. after that i cant open my drawing files. it says "Error: drawing file is not valid". i have tried to open my .bak files but it didnt work. i tried with recover option of 2004 and 2007 version but no use. the files were running before i reinstalled the software. can anyone plz help???

srabostee:

It is generally not a good idea to attach a new question to the end of someone else's thread as it might get overlooked and may actually limit the number of responses you get.

I cannot explain why your drawing file suddenly went bad. You do know that .bak files cannot be opened unless they are renamed don't you? You must change the .bak file extension to .dwg then try to open it. If that fails the only thing I can think of at this time is to download and install DWG TrueView from the AutoDesk website and see if you can use it to open the file and save it to the drawing file version (2004) you wish to continue editting it in.