Multi-Monitor setup?

Jrashaw

Much of my work involves converting 2d Autocad to 3d Solidworks parts and assys. referencing photos and pdf files. Long story short I'm trying to set up two extra monitors. I've heard of this being done in such a way that you actually gain two more desktops not just stretch the resolution of the one you have. Anyone with experience out there? HP and Best Buy are useless. Thanks in advance!

Well by now you should have read the link and found out that the three most important criteria are the...

Operating system

Graphics card

Display driver

Tell us what you can about each of the above. The more information you provide the better we will be able to help you.

O.S. is Vista. Card is an Invidia Ge Force 6150SE nForce 430. Had a hard time finding driver maybe Forceware version 175.21. The graphics card has it's own control panel with a multi-monitor setup option but I don't know if a dual monitor graphics card on top of the one already there would work or not.

Windows can support as many monitors as you can throw at it. UltraMon is a great utility (and it works with 64bit OS) to buy for two or more. Just throw another dual output video card in your computer and you're done. :)