FATAL ERROR: Unhandled 0x7d5cea3c Exception at 62075952h

Vikes_Fl

Hey guys and gals,

We get this error whenever we try to import a layout from our template file. AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008 crashes right after. Any suggestions?

When did the problem first occur?

Is Civil 3D 2008 up-to-date with service pack?

Corrupt template file perhaps? Any other templates giving you trouble?

• 1 month later...

We are also having this problem (& same error message) with a very small handful of drawings. Whenever one of us tries to create a new layout from a template, we crash out. It doesn't seem to matter which template we select. All of these templates work fine with the great majority of our drawings. No errors are getting flagged in audits in both the template & the crashing drawing file. We can create new tabs, if we select "New Layout" & then drag & drop, or insert, the stuff that would have come in with the template, but that's a bit of a drag, as you can imagine.

It's driving us crazy. Have you heard of any fixes?

Oh, and one more thing. Once, I got a different error message when trying to import a dwt: Internal Error !stub.cpp@223. Not sure why it caused a different error, but it did.

Many thanks!

The only way we could incorporate a layout from a template file is by using the Design center. It doesn't crash, the only problem is it's not as straightforward as right-clicking the tab and selecting "From Template..."

Well darcy can you first answer the same questions I posted back in August?

darcy and Vikes: Do either of your companies dealing with drawing files generated outside of the U.S.?

I plugged every combination of the error message 0x7d5cea3c Exception at 62075952h into both Google and the AutoDesk website and came up empty handed.

Did either of you send in an error report?

Are either of you on Subscription? If so, did you make contact with AutoDesk for assistance?

Did either of you send in an error report?

Are either of you on Subscription? If so, did you make contact with AutoDesk for assistance?

Yes, I sent in two detailed error reports this morning... not sure if my colleagues have done the same. (BTW, one of my error messages read: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x7de5dabc Exception at 62075952h) Though we are on subscription, I have not yet contacted anyone yet. Thought I'd do some snooping on my own first. That would be our next logical step.

Oh, and to answer your other question, all of our projects are located in the US, except, oddly enough, one river basin analysis, which is located in Nigeria, of all places. As I understand it, that Nigerian project is purely a modeling affair & does not involve any CAD. Well, none of us CAD drafters have worked on it at any rate.