AEC_DOOR and CURTAIN_WALL questions

Glen Smith

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place or not. Are AEC_CURTAIN_WALL_LAYOUT entities built / created with AutoCAD Architectural?

My company got drawings of a large commercial building that we are getting quotes for glass curtain walls. I looked at the drawing in 3D and found that the walls have already been drawn in 3D. The problem that I'm having is that these walls are single entities that I can not edit, and some of the doors are dimensioning out at 2'7" - clearly not acceptable for commercial space. I will therefore need to modify some of these.

I'm the only CAD operator here, and I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2010 to draw line drawings of security systems (electric lock doors, card readers, intercom systems) I'm out of my league, but the boss is thrilled that I discovered that the walls are in the drawings we allready have.

Anyone got any suggestion?

Glen

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place or not. Are AEC_CURTAIN_WALL_LAYOUT entities built / created with AutoCAD Architectural?

My company got drawings of a large commercial building that we are getting quotes for glass curtain walls. I looked at the drawing in 3D and found that the walls have already been drawn in 3D. The problem that I'm having is that these walls are single entities that I can not edit, and some of the doors are dimensioning out at 2'7" - clearly not acceptable for commercial space. I will therefore need to modify some of these.

I'm the only CAD operator here, and I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2010 to draw line drawings of security systems (electric lock doors, card readers, intercom systems) I'm out of my league, but the boss is thrilled that I discovered that the walls are in the drawings we allready have.

Anyone got any suggestion?

Glen

wow, If you can see them, that is good. Unfortunately if you do not have Autocad Architecture or Autocad MEP you will probably not be able to modify them.

The curtain wall in ACA is akin to trying to figure out how to build a nuclear reactor in your garage from spare car parts. lol It is an overly complex, yet very robust tool.

Your best bet would be to contact the designer and let them know of the changes you need done.