Annoying message "deltalt.shx" - how to fix this?

MarcoW

I searched before but can't find the solution. See the image for the problem.

What I have done is to copy a *.shx file and renamed it to deltalt.shx. That did not work...

Anyone with a solution to prevent AutoCad 2007 from giving this error? (I know it's not an error ...)

select_shape_file_error.JPG

Hi Remark,

Yes it worked! Thank you for the reply.

I remember being to that section before but did not get result...

Maybe I did something wrong somehow...

But I will give the other machines over here the same alternative font.

Thanks again.

MarcoW:

It was just a lucky guess on my part. Although I've probably recommended the fix a half-dozen times I always have to rack my mind finding it. Glad it worked.

%$%#^...

I have tried another drawing wich has the deltalt.shx message....

Allthough it worked in the first drawing, this drawing keeps asking for the desired file.

I checked the fontalt sysvariable, it is set to isocp.shx.

What is going on?

You got the drawing from an architect. Fine. Now call him up and ask him to email you the font. I'm assuming he used an AutoDesk product. Is that correct? If you don't know then find out.

Anyone with a solution to prevent AutoCad 2007 from giving this error? (I know it's not an error ...)

This is NOT an error. AutoCAD is prompting you for a missing SHAPE file (see the title of the dialog), not a FONT file. Big difference.

What I have done is to copy a *.shx file and renamed it to deltalt.shx. That did not work...

Right, because again, it's looking for a SHAPE file, not a FONT file.

You need to either remove the reference to the shape file, or obtain the correct shape file. Technically, you can use any shape file as long as it has the same name, but the risk in doing so is that you may end up with the wrong shapes displaying in your drawing -or- if the shape file you choose does not include the shapes required, then you will get command line errors.

More info on missing SHAPE files: http://cadpanacea.com/node/27

BTW: You will only get prompted for a missing FONT file if the font cannot be found, AND if FONTALT is not set, and then the dialog will look like the one below (it will not be a standard file selection dialog):

prompt_for_font.jpg