rpool

netbook to used autocad?

do you know if need install "autocad" to netbook

OS= WinXP SP3 Home

RAM = 1GB

Hdd. Free 20GB

which version can stable run ?

any idea please!

You know I have thought about this too. My nephew has a newer Acer netbook, I would like to try and install an older version of CAD on it to see if it will run fast enough. Most netbooks have enough ram and the OS is fine too, I just wonder about the Atom CPU and the video. Both of these are lower power models. The screen is also very small. I am sure some of the light-weight CAD apps like A9tech's CAD program would work well enough for 2D work.

I doubt a netbook would work. Obviously you're thinking portability, small 'n lite.

I would look at Lenovo Thinkpad™ 14" laptops.

You can find a very inexpensive good deal on eBay 'bout the same price as a

new netbook.

Perhaps PocketCAD like I have on a PDA would be better suited if even PocketCAD would work on a netbook.

I doubt a netbook would work. Obviously you're thinking portability, small 'n lite.

I would look at Lenovo Thinkpad™ 14" laptops.

You can find a very inexpensive good deal on eBay 'bout the same price as a

new netbook.

Perhaps PocketCAD like I have on a PDA would be better suited if even PocketCAD would work on a netbook.

Just to give you guys the heads up... :shock:

I actually have AutoCAD 2010 (full version) on my HP Mini (Intel Atom) and it works fine with no lag. But then again I don't have any other junk on my mini either to use up all of my RAM (hint), either than MS Office and my antivirus program.

Archtech: What size magnifying glass do you use to see the display? Is there even any room left to draw in?

lol :lol: Well I use my special gargantuan granny magnifiers. hehehe...yes the view is small comparing to other screens, but I'm used to it. The roller on my mouse gets quite a workout zooming in and out, but because of my back problem, it's easier to carry around from place to place at college.

But as for the actual command line at the bottom and the ribbons at the top, AutoCAD resized itself without a problem and all is viewable.

What surprised me is that it had installed without a problem and that it doesn't lag. :o

Cheers Remark:)

• 6 months later...
Just to give you guys the heads up... :shock:

I actually have AutoCAD 2010 (full version) on my HP Mini (Intel Atom) and it works fine with no lag. But then again I don't have any other junk on my mini either to use up all of my RAM (hint), either than MS Office and my antivirus program.

Clean 'n mean, I don't load junque on any PC or laptop. Not too much multi-tasking either.

I can remember lugging an early laptop through the airports.

This shoulder, move to that shoulder, back 'n forth, back 'n forth.

The netbooks are very appealing! And, if $$ is not an issue, a SSD (solid state hard disk) would sure give you running time.

I've chewed on the idea of getting a netbook for awhile now. Nice. 8)

I do love my Thinkpad™ 14" dual core laptop. Best I've ever owned.

• 4 months later...

Auto CAD runs great on my acer aspire one 532h, even 3d modeling and stuff. it ran alright. when i had used it regularly but when i used it my performance options to "change for best performance" it ran great! i wonder how 2011 would work on it though...