going crazy over osnap quirk

robb

Ok. New here and don't know exactly how to use this forum, but think this is a great resource. I have installed ACAD 2009 architecture on a laptop with windows 7 and whenever I open the osnap settings box, I can only see half the options. It's like both columns are trying to show up in the same place so I can't select half of the osnap settings I need. Going crazy over this. If I have to reinstall, is there a way to do that without uninstalling the entire package?

If I have to reinstall, is there a way to do that without uninstalling the entire package?

You could try a repair before resorting to a reinstallation.

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting onto trouble with OSNAPS in another way.

Whenever it say "draw a line from thissa location to..." Well if an arrowhead is shown anywhere close, it snaps to the tip instead of some endpoint or intersection etc. Most often to work around such inconvenience, I have to turn off the layer that has the arrowhead upon it, then the OSNAP function works normally.

Any way to stop this unwanted arrowhead attraction when in the OSNAP mode?

Wm.

You can get to the REPAIR option via Add/Remove in the control panel.

Do not try an uninstall before trying this option. Let us know what happens.

Microsoft suggests....

To change a program, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
  2. In the Currently installed programs box, click the program that you want to remove, and then click Change or Change/Remove.
  3. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to make the changes that you want.