Fatal Error

hansup

Hi all,

i intsalled Auto CAD 2009 and it ran fine for quite a while. Then i tried to open an dwg file that was "saved by an application that was not developed and licensed by Autodesk". From there on i couldn't run the programme anymore.

Every time i try starting the programe the following error appears...

Auto CAD Error Aborting

Fatal Error: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 75b842ebh

... and the programe crashs.

has anybody an idea fixing this problem??

Thank you for help!

Thank you for quick answer,

I already tried your proposal, but the MFC80U.DLL file has not a version number of 8.00.50727.363, so i stoped.

Then i tried to repair the programme, but the error remains.

Do you think a reinstall of the complete programe makes sense in this case?

I hate to recommend an uninstall and then a reinstallation so please confirm the following.

AutoCAD does not open at all. It just continues to crash, right?

And the REPAIR option did not work?

What was the source of the file you were trying to open? Was it a dwg file?

AutoDesk spells out a recommended procedure for completely uninstalling AutoCAD. If you are going to go this route then I recommend visiting the AutoDesk website and reading/printing the instructions. It is not just a matter of going through the Add/Remove option in the Control Panel.

right, it continues to crash and the repair option did not work.

The file i tried to open was a dwg.

I'm not quite sure, if it is about the file I tried to open.

Maybe the instalation of the adobe illustrator changed anything. Hence a reinstal could be unhelpful. But this instalation was two weeks ago and meanwhile the programe worked fine.

You made it sound like AutoCAD crashes BEFORE a file is even opened. Is that the case or does it crash OPENING this particular file? Do you have another file you can try opening? What program was used to generate the file you were working with when the crash occurred?

I already tried other files. I cannot open the programe at all! Even if I try to open just the programe the error occurs.

somebody sent me the file. I don't no the programe it was made with.

thank you for uninstall information. If there is no other possibility, i go for this.

hansup, welcome to the forums.

Reading ReMark's responses makes me shutter.

I am highly allergic to uninstall's and reinstall's. Ouch. :cry:

Good luck and, please to post your success all have fingers crossed.

I did have a similar problem, don't know why but, an uninstall and reinstall worked. o:)

I had two versions of ACAD installed, not a problem.

I also had the Adobe Pro installed.

Ran Norton's registry cleaner, BAM! BOOM!

I now avoid any and all registry cleaner programs.

Forget the house cleaning. But, backup, backup, backup and do set a system restore point from time to time.

I'll go with Tankman on that - avoid registry cleaners!

They do the best they can, but they don't know which registry entries you want to junk and so just take their best guess without enough information.

If you are tempted to use one it's probably because you are not sure about delving into the registry and so you can't monitor what the cleaner is actually doing.

Regclean, by programmers at Microsoft, though "unsupported", will clean a Registry without major disruptions. It also creates an Undo file if the results are not to your liking.

Most problems with Registry cleaners are that they tend to be too aggressive and end up "cleaning" things that should have been left alone. There are few among us that could go the "custom" route, picking and choosing what needs to be fixed. Most people, including myself, go the automatic route instead trusting that the Registry cleaner won't mess our system up further.

I've had excellent results with Regclean using it on WinXP Pro.

Two things to consider in the future if and when you get AutoCAD working.

1) When loading new software, after AutoCAD has already been loaded and shown to be working well, create a Restore point.

2) Verify not only the source of any files you work with but the program used to create the file. I'd also make it a rule NOT to accept any so-called DWG files created using a non-AutoDesk program. Instead, opt for, and insist on a DXF file.

• 2 weeks later...
how you resolved your problem:(

Do you have a problem similar to this? If so, what details can you provide? What have you done to troubleshoot the problem so far?

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys,

thank you for quick help.

The problem is solved, but I don't know why.

Complete uninstall and reinstall was the endmost chance.

Thanks a lot!

I use RegDefense from time to time with no problems. I'm not sure why some people have problems, while others don't? :unsure:

And yes, registry cleaners are automatic, but they don't just go in and start trashing files. They collect all the files they think might be bad and then you are supposed to browse through and make sure you are ok with deleting them. And most cleaners, at least the good ones anyway, create a backup file in case something does go wrong. You should also create a restore point before running the cleaner or when installing or uninstalling programs, just for added security.

And as with anything, always take precautions. Don't leave anything up to chance. And don't rely on the software to do it all for you. It's just a program. It can't think or reason. It just does what it's programmed to do. It's up to you to make the final decision.

A Registry cleaning program is just a tool and like any tool (including a hammer) it can be constructive or destructive. Pay attention to what you are doing and as Cad64 said create a Restore point prior to using and make sure the software creates a backup or undo file (like RegClean). Those are the two best pieces of advice anyone can offer.