Command panel

Lawmate

hi

I am having problems locating the whereabouts of the command panel in 3ds max 2009. I have tried toggling between expert mode, making sure that 'show command panel' is toggled on and resetting UI.

I think the problem happened when i used 3ds max last and had an extra monitor connected to my laptop. I moved the command panel onto the righthand screen to give me more space for the viewports and i don't think i moved it back before i closed the program. Is there a way to precisely define the location of the command panel, or any other way of getting it back

cheers

laurence

Well, I've moved my command panel onto my second monitor and I've tried everything I can think of to get it to snap back where it belongs but nothing worked except for this:

1. Right click anywhere on your toolbar, that is not occupied by a button, and click on "Command Panel" to turn off the panel

2. Right click on the toolbar again and click on "Command Panel" to turn it back on

3. Hold down Alt and Spacebar and then hit "M"

4. Do not let go of Alt and Spacebar. Keep them pressed. Now click and hold down your left mouse button and drag from right to left. This should drag the panel back into view.

Once you get the panel back into position, save a backup of your MaxStartUI.kbd so in case this happens again you can reload the back up UI.

Cheers for the reply. I tried what you said above but couldn't get the command panel back. When I press M a move cursor appears, but as soon as i drag the mouse, it dissappears and nothing follows.

I managed to get it sorted by using my neighbours monitor and dragging it back. I saved a copy of the UI as you said just in case I do it again.

Thanks a lot for the help

Cheers

I managed to get it sorted by using my neighbours monitor and dragging it back.

Well, that would have been my next recommendation. :P

Glad to hear you got it back working again.