Problems with exporting an IGES

Lawmate

Hi

I am trying to export a model to IGES format and cannot get it to work. It just outputs an XLO file log that says that the model doesn't contain any entities.

I have tried converting what was an editable Poly to a NURBS model, but still it won't export to IGES.

I have searched around on different forums and there are a few people with the same problem but no one has solved it. Can anyone help now?

Cheers

Laurence

cheers for the reply again.

What I am trying to do is import a model that I made in 3DS Max 2009 into Inventor 2008 so I could use it as part of an assembly. What I am trying to achieve finally is the line drawings that Inventor makes when you place an assembly onto a drawing sheet.

I don't know if you can output models as simple outline drawings in 3DS Max or not, but I know you can in Inventor. This is the reason that I am not importing the rest of my assembly from Inventor into 3DS Max.

Why I want to use IGES is that I know that I can import it into Inventor, then save it as an *.IPT files and add it to the assembly. I don't think you can import .3ds or .obj into Inventor. You can use the .dwg format, but there is a limiting number of faces that my model exceeds. Also you cannot use .dwg as part of an assembly in Inventor as save it as an .ipt.

Basically I think using IGES seems the best route but it doesn't want to work with my model

Any ideas?

Cheers