Autocad 2000i on Win x64?

dpflug

Hello,

We're moving some users to 64-bit machines (XP x64), and AutoCAD 2000i isn't working correctly. The main problem is that many of their menu items will stop working correctly. For instance, when one user hits the "Object Snap Settings" button, he gets this error message in the console:

Command: '_+dsettings Unknown command "+DSETTINGS". Press F1 for help.

Command: 2 Unknown command "2". Press F1 for help.

The thing is, when I sign in under MY username, it works fine. I've tried doing a COMPLETE uninstall/reinstall, including deleting the appdata folders, common folders, and registry keys for autodesk. Still, it happens, leading me to believe it's a problem with permissions. The user has full control of the following folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD 2000i

C:\Program Files (x86)\MDT5

Along with the software/autodesk keys under both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

-Danny

At the moment it appears not. Well, except for the obvious have everyone sign in under your username but that isn't practical.

Have you done any checking over at the AutoDesk website?

I have to admire your guts. Running 2000i on a 64-bit system. Pushing the envelope aren't we?

I don't believe they are custom commands - the button I'm speaking of is in the "snap object" toolbar, available immediately after a fresh install of AutoCAD.

Yes, everyone else is an Authenticated User, and we meet the minimum requirements by miles.

We also tried this: tinyurl.com/ybuvyjl which did not work

Sorry but our IT department blocks access to any link that includes tinyurl. Can you give me the Readers' Digest condensed version?

Hmmm...you can...they can't. What is the one difference between permissions that you have and your users don't?

Curious...what OS are you running?

usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2882311&linkID=9240617

As far as AutoCAD is concerned, there should be no difference between me and the users, since I gave them full control of all the files and registry keys used by AutoCAD... unless I missed one?

We are running Windows XP 64-bit (fully updated)

"...many of their menu items will stop working correctly."

Maybe it has something to do with the folder that contains the .mnc file (a binary format file compiled from the .mns file). It happens to be the menu file that is actually loaded.

I checked all the files on his computer; the only .mnc files are under the AutoCAD 2000i or MDT5 folders, meaning they should have access to it (and the files they load should be the same as the ones I load).

Any other ideas?