Null Pointer Error (message)

Coosbaylumber

Doesn't happen too much anymore, but on occasion I used to get the kiss of death Null Pointer error meaasge.

This got anything to do with a bad BASE point?

Wm.

I checked the AutoDesk website but the only reference there to "null pointer" error was when someone attempts to export a drawing to a PDF file.

What were you doing when the error occurred? This is while you were using AutoCAD right?

Have you gotten any stackoverflow errors lately as well?

The null pointer error may be as a result of an illegal memory location. AutoCAD may be trying to use a memory location the OS has laid claim to.

A stackoverflow error usually occurs when an application has run out of memory.

I use a goodly number of XREF's in each drawing to be ploted out. Maybe three dozen. And think this may all be tied together.

Have not had a Stack Overflow in maybe two years now, but seem to be happening with increased frequency here over past two months now. Original memory, and it may be at fault therein, but I do notice that if one XREF in a drawing (or plan) has more attached to it then I need to open up each drawing along the pathway and make sure they are good. Then the message goes away.

Thought it all may be tied to this Null Pointer error message I have been getting every so often. And that to some poorly recorded BASE point.

Wm.

Cannot advise you on your BASE point theory. That's beyond my level of comprehension.

What a POOP then. Was hoping there to be some co-incidense.

Wm.