Project Manager avail in MEP?

Glen Smith

We are currently using AutoCAD Electrical, but it looks like MEP may actually be a better fit for what we are doing. (Large Security systems for entire buildings.)

One thing we like about Electrical is the Project Manager. Each drawing is in its own file, but the project manager allows me to make some changes to all drawings in the project (mostly titleblock stuff). It also helps out with plotting the project as well. Some of this might be doable with sheet sets, others with some LISP routines if Project Manager is not available.

For those of you using MEP:

Is Project Manager built in to MEP?

Do you do large projects in one file with multiple layouts or in multiple files with a single (or more) layout per file?

How do you manage multiple file projects (assuming no PM).

Glen

Do you mean Project Navigator? I don't recall something labeled as the "Project Manager" in AutoCAD MEP. But for Titleblock stuff, yeah using Sheet Sets is the way to go. You can actually create a great Titleblock setup just by using a standard block as well, along with a few extras like some FIELD variables and what not. 8)

I've been using MEP for awhile now, and still can't figure out how to use the project nav. Is there any tutorials I could take a peek at?