Copy a line Along an Arc

I'm trying to make a curved stair. I have an arc (with a radius of 85-feet) and I want to add lines (treads) that are perpendicular to the tangent of the arc.

Is there a command that I could ask it: "I want to copy this line, along this arc, every 11", about the center point of the arc?"

What I do now is MEASURE to divide the arc into 11" segments, then draw a line from the center of the arc to the node, then extend it to the outer arc (offset 6-feet). See example:

4499741913_1aa23c5dac_o.jpg

Thanks

-Jesse

Yeah it is but it's awesome once you have it figured out. 8)

Right so you know how many treads you require? You know the angle?

Now select the centre point of your angle, basically the vanishing point that you have on your example above. Tell CAD how many treads you require in the number of items box, and tell it the angle to be filled in the angle box, then select you first tread and hit enter. That should be it. :shock:

When using Measure, use the Block option.

If you make a block of the tread as a vertical line, and with the insertion point at an end, then the block will align itself with the arc, i.e. radially, and you will have the treads very quickly. You might have to change the insertion to the other end, all depending which way the arc is going.

Back in the civil engineering world, we used to use one drawing for a muliple of purposes. We did as mentioned earlier in a low tech manner.

We need curb return data and placed on it's own layer. Would basically COPY the affected parts, then go from 0,0 to 1000,1000 and do our work off there in the universe on a new layer too.

Then do a quick and simple MOVE back to where is actually looks appropriate at. Thus going from 1000,1000 to 0,0. Done. Took longer to explain than do.

Write text onna curve, or in a tablet manner, but all on some certain layer that could be turned on or off for plotting purposes. Just box off and move. No special commands for certain layers only. Worked quick and easy for us and still use this logic today. Just had to remember to finish what you started before quittting for the day then.

Wm.