Perspective view

nowikovs12

Hi :) I set up a camera in perspective viewport, and changed parameters for the camera, to make it look more dramatic, I deleted the camera, and the view still remains the same, and it is hard to work like that, does anyone knows how to reset viewports or change the perspective viewport to how it was originally? thanks :)

If you deleted the camera then the view should have reverted back to Perspective. I don't see how it could still remain in camera view if the camera does not exist? :?

But, if you want to change the view in a viewport, right click on the view name in the upper left corner of the viewport and then select the view you want from the pop up menu. Or just hit the key on your keyboard that corresponds with the view you want, such as "P" for Perspective or "F" for Front or "L" for left, etc.

Untitled-1.jpg

Hi, that is strange, when I delete the camera it remais in that sharp angle view, and when I rotate the model its hard to understand, because the perspective looks very stretched, the only way I managed to get close to normal perspective view, is to make a nother camera, select "Dolly Camera" and zoom the lens around, so I get the perspective more or less correct, or maybe I am not deleting the camera correctly, I use fn + backspace on mac keyboard as I use normally when deleting all the items, yes, I use those shortcuts, fast and easy, I also tried the plus button, when looked how reset the perspective view, and under + >view cube>reset front, you can only reset the front viewport, any suggestions? :)

Have you tried saving and closing Max and then restarting it? Maybe something is hung up? :?

I don't use a Mac so I don't know what fn + Delete does? Can't you just select the camera and hit Delete? :unsure:

ok, I will try and have a quick test, no on mac keyboard to delete, the only shortcut to delete is fn+delete, just pressign delete doesn't do anything, I will let you know how Im getting on, I will try to delete the camera from the menu toolbar

I think I find the problem, I created a camera in perspective viewport, and made the view very dramatic again, then deleted the camera, nothing happened the viewport remained dramatic, then I changed the viewport to front view, and changed it immediately to perspective again, and it is now normal, so for me, when I delete the camera the view doesn't changes immediately, I don't know why, and is it suppose to change immediately? Unless I have different settings, for viewports,...

Yes, it should change immediately back to Perspective once you delete the camera. I don't understand why it's not doing that?

Have you installed all the hotfixes and service packs for your version of Max? I'm not sure if any of them address this issue, but it's always a good idea to install them anyway.

I'm not sure if I have all the hotfixes and service packs, where can I see if they are installed, and how do I install them? do I just download them and drag them over in the folder, and reopen 3ds max? thanks :)

There is no way to know if the hotfixes have been installed, but if you haven't installed them, they are not installed.

To find out if the service pack has been installed, go to your Help menu and select "About 3DS Max Design". This will open a window displaying your product information. One of the items at the top is "Release". If the service pack has been installed, it will say something like 12.0 SP1 Commercial. The "SP1" means service pack 1. If it doesn't say SP1, then the service pack is not installed.

To install the updates, simply save them to your computer. Once they finish downloading, just double click on them to start the installation process. Be sure to close Max before you start installing them though.

And read the "Read Me" files and make sure you download the correct updates for your operating system. I don't know how these work on a Mac, but on Windows you have 32 bit and 64 bit updates, and you have to make sure you install the correct one.

I just checked, no they are not installed, it's just 12.0 commercial, I run windows 32 Bit, XP, I dont have 3ds max on actual macintosh, wish they release 3ds max for macintosh, I installed windows using bootcamp, so that I can share my hard drive with mac and windows, thanks for your help :) it looks to me like you know 3ds max inside out :D

it looks to me like you know 3ds max inside out :D

:lol: Maybe inside, but not out. :P

We're on subscription at work so we downloaded the new version 2011 on Friday. I hope to get it installed next week so I can start playing with it. The download was 4GB. This program is just massive. I've been using it every day for the past 5 years and I probably only know about half of what it is capable of.

I'm happy to help though, because I remember how difficult it was for me when I was starting out. :wink:

ha ha :D yea, I had a look at youtube on new 2011, they have some new improved features, I'm on the 2010 at the moment, 4GB???? it really is amazing what you can do with it, I have only been using it from october this year, as it was introduced to us by teachers :) everybody gave up on this program very fast because they find it very complicated, and went back to using sketchup because it is fast and easy, but I like the challenge and the reword that you get for long hours spent :wink: thanks for your help and fast replies, I do post quite often :whistle: so big thank you, and I will challenge you soon with more problems that I will meet :lol:

By the way, do you have any gallery or website were I can see some of your work?? I'd love to see what you can achieve in 5 years! 8)