KIP 3100 series

bjenk8100

Hello,

Im not sure if this is the right area for plotting issues. We recently purchased a new plotter (KIP 3102). Everything is pretty good except for one very annoying thing. If I print a 30x42 out of ACAD 10 for instance, these mysterious lines are displayed usually extending from random areas in the drawing to off the page. This only happens when plotting from autocad. If I convert it to a pdf there is no problem when printing. The KIP people think it is a driver issue. Any feedback would help.

Thanks

R-10 used to be a DOS 5 only run operation, and are now asking a Windows driver to run in such neighborhood. Where exactly did you find such? Ask the vendor then.

Wm.

2010, and i resolved the issue. If you ever see random lines being plotted that are not in the drawing chances are the driver is bad and needs to be fixed or the wrong driver is installed. Kinda funny, the reason we had the wrong driver was becasue is went from .76 to 1.66 and someone missed the 1 and thought the 66 was an earlier version. Runs great now except we can print multiple files at once.

I had that happen once.. it put half my drawing backwards about 20 feet down the roll, but left all the lines between the halves intact.

That was olden times.. possibly AutoCAD 11