3x3x3

nowikovs12

Hi I am fallowing this tutorial http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tutorials/max/sofamodeling/sofa_modeling2.html

and he gets to the point were he uses the 3x3x3 modifier? For some reason he can use it but I cant, he pushes it up and down, to give the seat more 3d form, but when I try to move it, only the provided vertex moves, but geometry remains, what am I doing wrong, and have I forgot to tick anything? thanks :)

I'm at work, so I don't have time to watch the video right now, but my first thought is that maybe you don't have enough geometry to work with? That modifier only works if you have a lot of resolution in your model. Sort of like Soft Selection. If you don't have enough vertices and edges then the modifier won't have anything to modify.

Can you post a screenshot of your model?

Hi cad64, there was 6x6x3 edges on the box, which covered the seat in equal polygons, so I thing geometry wasn't the issueI managed to sort it out somehow, on my modifiers list I had, editable poly and FFD 3x3x3, I couldn't change the geometry when 3x3x3 was selected, but when I selected polygon from editable poly, and then selected 3x3x3 I was then able to change the geometry, I guess you need to select polygon, before you use the modifier? or it doesn't matter? keep up a good work :lol:

You shouldn't have to select anything in the Editable Poly. You should be able to just select "Control Points" under the FFD 3x3x3 and that should allow you to start adjusting the shape of your geometry.

right, well, I tried it again in the same model, and it did work without selecting anything, so I don't know what happened in the first time, but thanx anyway ;)