reexplode

Hello,

I forget how to do this and cant find it anywhere in help. I am a pro exploder. I often use other peoples cad files and edit them to our liking. To edit blocks in other drawings I copy and paste it to new drawing and then highlight block and type explode and it makes everything single objects. However, Is it possible to highlight something adn unexplode it without making it a block or is making a block the only process of this. I would think there would be a method that you could make single objects into one objects. I remember doing this in acad09 i have acad10' now.

Any help would be great,

Thanks

for instance, say i draw a computer monitor. After I finish i want to be able to click any part of it and the entire monitor highlights and can be moved like a block. That way I can move it around at will without having the highlight every individual part that made the model. Is making it a block the only way to do this? Group command? I will try that.

The group command is what your looking for. Then in your options under the Selection tab check the Object grouping mode. After that when you select one entity in that group the entire group is selected.

ok group command works. Remark, yes, because I design green roofing systems that have lots of roofing materials piled on top of each other. The material is very thin (1/8) so it is hard to draw systems so you can see each material. Often there are objects on top (windows, curbs, etc) that I take from other peoeples blueprints. In order to bring their objects to my drawing I have to explode them to be able to change things (font, thickness, etc). I then like to make them back into objects later so I can drag them on top of my roofing system and print to see if everything is visible or not. THis is the onyl way I know how to do such a thing. Sometimes I will make them a block. I like group command though its quick.

Thanks guys

Sounds like you need to include an 'exploded' view to properly show all the thin materials. You know what I mean?