join points by line and circle

Hello!!

I have a lots of survey points that i have to join with a common point

then i have to join those points with an arc contineously to form a circle.

Is there any lisp or code to ease the work.

look at the attached sample drawing.

Course-2.dwg

When I zoomed into your 'common point', some of the lines missed. So I would suggest using Osnaps would help you.

I am sure that a lisp could be written, but alternatively, an Excel spreadsheet would probably be far faster, then you could average your distances to give a circle radius, and also give you a in/out distance.

UncommonPoint.jpg

Eldon, Thanks for your reply

I have corrected the drawing with the common base point, the other points are not at standard distance. Suggest me the way of doing it with excel and also a lisp to ease the work load.

You are spreading your request around the Forum, I see that you have posted in several other threads, and generally confused threads.

With the set up of this forum, all new posts are available to see by pressing the New Posts button. It is not necessary to ask in several places, and if someone has the same problem, then it is difficult for them to follow the answers.

You have asked for lisps for your problem, so I will wait and see if all your other requests bring a response. In the meantime I will have a cup of coffee.

Incidentally, perhaps you could explain why you need to join the points with polyline arcs, instead of joining them all with straight lines and curve fitting afterwards.

I infer from the silence that you are examining the hundreds of lisp routines that have been flooding in. :o

However, if you decide to go the Excel route, then you need to have a list of the survey point coordinates to work with.

In the picture, of an Excel spreadsheet, Column B is the Easting coordinate, and Column C is the Northing coordinate. Column A is the point number, and I have taken the fixed point to be No 1, and then the other points starting from North and going clockwise.

Column E is the distance from the survey point to the fixed point, and I have picked the cell to show the formula in the top line. Cell F1 is the average of the 32 distances, and cells F2 downwards are the difference from 18.300 (+ve outwards and -ve inwards). So there you have the information without drawing a line. Perhaps it is not what you require, but drawing arcs through points that are not on a circle seems to be very strange. Perhaps you could enlighten us :?

ExcelPoints.jpg

thanks Eldon,

This Excel is great.

About the polyline arc All i can say is I use the command PLINE and select the first point then for the nextpoint option I use the sub command Arc by typing A and then the option for second by typing S and the select the other point as end point and then type the S and so on.

Here is the text from the command history pasted.

Specify start point:

Current line-width is 0.0000

Specify next point or [Arc/Halfwidth/Length/Undo/Width]: a

Specify endpoint of arc or

[Angle/CEnter/Direction/Halfwidth/Line/Radius/Second pt/Undo/Width]: s

Specify second point on arc:

Specify end point of arc:

[Angle/CEnter/CLose/Direction/Halfwidth/Line/Radius/Second pt/Undo/Width]: s

[Angle/CEnter/CLose/Direction/Halfwidth/Line/Radius/Second pt/Undo/Width]: s

[Angle/CEnter/CLose/Direction/Halfwidth/Line/Radius/Second pt/Undo/Width]:

Yes, I can see what you are doing.

I was querying as to why you needed to do it like that. It seems over-complicated to use arcs initially. Why not use the Pline to make a closed polyline with straight lines between all the points (much easier to do), then by using Pedit, curve fit your polyline.

Thanks Eldon,

these are some feature they do for GIS, as I believ that data attachment is not favoured by splines. Its a general practice of the company we are bound to follow.

A curve fitted polyline is a series of arcs that passes through the points if you use the Fit option instead of the Spline option. Anyway, if you have orders from on high, you are not allowed to be efficient - no wonder you are after a lisp routine :shock: