Autolisp Fields & Coordinates

mrthra

Greeting fellow lispers.

I currently have a basic lisp routine which will place a point (node) at a picked position and then schedule the points until i end the routine. This works fine for coordinates of houses or foundations when there are lots of them.

(coordinates.jpg)

However, i am looking for something slightly more automated. The problem is that when a house is moved for example i have to re-pick and re-schedule all the points again.

Is the field command a possibility? When using fields in autocad I can obtain the coordinate from a point and display it. When the point moves, the field updates.

Its there a way of incorporating this into a lisp routine? :huh:

Thanks in advance!

Old fashioned way prior to fields was to place a block at the required pt (setoutpt in our case) and run a lisp that would export out the points to a text file a quick sort and add comments etc and then a second lisp just read the txt file E N Z and placed the answers in a drawn line & text table including headings etc move object just do again erase old table.

You can have the code if you want. But I would stick with fields now.