decimal turning into comma? vba

Proctor

Hello: I created a program that's been working perfect; however, I recently placed it on a machine and it wasn't working and so of coarse I debugged it and found out that when it's getting the length of the spline, for some reason placing a comma in where there use to be a decimal e.g 5.123 becomes 5,123. it's very strange.

here's the bit of code that's running:

If TypeOf ssobject Is AcadSpline Then
           Set MySpline = ssobject
           MyLineType = MySpline.Linetype
           'THIS SCRIPT SENDS IN PARAMS and calls A LISP FUNCTION TO CALCULATE THE LENGTH OF A SPLINE
           'WASNT ABLE TO FIND LENGTH W/ VBA SO HAD TO MAKE CALL LISP FUNCTION vlax-curve-getdistatparam to get it.
           With ThisDrawing
               ThisDrawing.SetVariable "USERR1", sVar
               'load lisp
               .SendCommand "(vl-load-com)" & vbCr
               'call lisp function and pass in params. return length of spline
               strCom = "(setvar " & Chr(34) & "USERR1" & Chr(34) & Chr(32) & "(vlax-curve-getdistatparam (vlax-ename->vla-object (handent " & Chr(34) & ssobject.Handle & Chr(34) & ")) (vlax-curve-getendparam (vlax-ename->vla-object (handent " & Chr(34) & ssobject.Handle & Chr(34) & ")))))" & vbCr
               .SendCommand strCom
               [color=red] MyLineLength = .GetVariable("USERR1")[/color]
           End With
End if

The line in red is when it gets the length of the spline and i see the comma instead of the decimal.

Thanks for your help,

Proctor

Please check Control Panel --> Regional And Language Options --> Customize... for that station; most probably the decimal separator symbol is set to comma.

Regards,

msasu ...that resolved it!!! Thank you so much for letting me know about this setting!!!

Proctor

You're welcome! Glad to help you.

But my suggestion is to add a protection in your code for such cases (i.e. a custom function for conversion string-to-double).

Regards,