AutoCAD Civil 3D - Create Numbering Counter For Point of Intersection (IP)

felixchew

Hi, I am currently using AutoCAD Civil 3D. I would like to create a numbering counter system to label my Point of Intersection (IP) AUTOMATICALLY, of a road alignment. Can anyone tell how to do it? Does it require VB? Or other methods? Please advise. Thanks.

Edited by felixchew

Thanks for ur kind reply.

First of all, are u familiar with AutoCAD Civil 3D? I need to know so that i can explain my situation easily. Thanks.

If the routine is sequential, you could call to a function from within the IP sequence, so each time the IP is set/known, a function could append the value, or add a textstring sequence number, or an attributed block, probably a number of other ways

If you are selecting a roadway, and running through the IP's sequentially, you could call to a function as in the above, or add a sub procedure within the main routine, once again tracking the sequence with an entity of appended value as it went through the sequence of points.

I am not familiar with Civil 3D, but a few desktops seem to use the common principles as they create AuoCAD entities into more elaborate structures.

I think the logic is taking advantage of the natural sequence in the native method, and calling to a function to keep count, create ents, send to db, or whatever, or sampling existant acad object structures and also using the linear sequence of how the data is extracted, usually much the same in order as it is created.

Just off the top of my head, as simple as I have done similar stuff, you could just pull the IP, addtext to the IP, offset it, place it on your ref layer, or add to some part of the extended object that IP may just be one of other properties you can write to, sequentially, in the drawing or to an external db repository of some sort, re-referencable to the original drawing model.