surface question

br0604bom

how can i get a surface to go from a line on the ground, say on x axis, to go up and follow two different paths on either side, up to a line on y axis?

cheers to someone who has the answer

Can you post some screenshots to help explain what you are trying to do?

Also, what program are you using? You have posted in the 3DS Max section, but this sounds more like an Autocad question? :unsure:

acad_1 copy.jpg

Can you post some screenshots to help explain what you are trying to do?

Also, what program are you using? You have posted in the 3DS Max section, but this sounds more like an Autocad question? :unsure:

i did post the same question for autocad yes, but i would like to do the same thing in both autocad and max, here is the idea, even though it is from autocad, i would like to be able to do it in max,

cheers

Ok, I think this is what you're trying to do? :unsure:

Import your CAD file into Max

Select it

Right Click

Choose "Convert to"

Select "Convert to NURBS"

With the linework still selected

Go to the Rollout panel on the right side of your screen and open up the "Create Surfaces" panel

Click "2-Rail"

Select points on the lines as shown in the screenshot below. Make sure you pick the lines in the proper order, or the surface won't generate correctly.

Untitled-1.jpg

Ok, I think this is what you're trying to do? :unsure:

Import your CAD file into Max

Select it

Right Click

Choose "Convert to"

Select "Convert to NURBS"

With the linework still selected

Go to the Rollout panel on the right side of your screen and open up the "Create Surfaces" panel

Click "2-Rail"

Select points on the lines as shown in the screenshot below. Make sure you pick the lines in the proper order, or the surface won't generate correctly.

cad64, thanks so much, that is brilliant and it worked when i tried it,

been a bit worried to do much with nurbs so far but will take confidence and try to use them more now, once again, many thanks, cheers!