[Question] How to make an array of holes along a curve and with Degrees

Phreakish

Ok I realized that the actual title became confusing as well, konfucious however I couldnt come up with a good description. I also tried searching and looking around to see if I could solve it by following someone elses problem but couldnt find any solution to my problem.

I have a figure such as Fig.1 In this I want to create an array of holes following the curve such as seen in Fig.2. However the problem is this. I want to make that follow the curve but with each hole shifted by e.g 5 degrees or 5 degrees. This so that if I put another block fitting the slope or curve I will be able to move this along by 5 or 10 degrees such as Fig 3a and Fig 3b. (If I had them in reality that is and I used a screw to fasten them)

Create holes and aligning them along the curve is no problem. However how do I do this by degrees. I realize I will have to have a pivot or a centerpoint to work out the degrees from such as in Fig 4, but then what. Im at a loss here starting out in Inventor just a few days ago and even tho going through about 40 tutorials (yes Im a nerd without a life) I cant for the life of me figure out how to do this.

question.jpg

Thanks in advance. :?

Phreakish

Edited by Phreakish
Forgot the damn picture scribble lol

Just doing what you first outlined (array of holes following a curve BUT offset each hole +/- 5 degrees) would be a bit tricky even in AutoCAD. A lisp routine might be helpful there. Can't begin to tell you how to do it in Inventor though. I'm still working with stoneage AutoCAD.

BTW...Welcome to the CADTutor forum.

Yeah I was a Autoguy 16 years back but I destinctly remember I did this somehow back then and well I shouldnt have to do the math (which I dont even know anymore). Must be a way to calculate it easier.

Thanks for the welcome. Ill be staying for a while cause I have 60 questions lined up but just making sure they aint allready here and answered lol ;)

Phreakish (out for dinner)

I cant seem to see the question I posted either, what that might be about I dont understand. No I havent read that document, it has missed my attention however it looks to be very interesting and I will do so during the comming days. Zipping my .IPT isnt something Im to eager to dohowever just as in the first post you can see below what I mean.

question.jpg

The question:

If I have a block/solid such as the one in Fig. 1, I know how to array the holes along the curve such as the ones in Fig. 2.

However, the questionmark is how do I array the holes with a offset on each hole where I use +/- 5 or 10 degrees instead of eg. mm or inch.

Im trying to create a "slide" If I may to go inside the first block that is lockablewith bolt in diffrent degrees. Such as in fig. 3a and 3.b.

However I want my "pivot" or center in which the degrees are counted from to be above all the blocks.

I know it might sound confusing but in my head its soooo clear lol. :P

----------

Now back to reading that pdf. It should be noted that I use Inventor 2008.

Phreakish