PDA

View Full Version : 2010 to 2011

bjenk8100
13th Dec 2010, 04:47 pm
Hello,

I am still trying to get acquainted with 2011. In 2010 i had the pan hand icon on the bottom right part of task bar near model/paper space icon. Now in 2011, there is a dockable task bar but i just want the pan on bottom like before. Also, I do n0t know why it went off but when you drag the selection box while hitting left click i cannot see the selection box (used to be blue). Only thing i can think of is that it is set as black i dunno. I do not really know where to find settings for the selection box that is used to highlight objects. I will continue to look around for it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

tnx

rkmcswain
13th Dec 2010, 04:55 pm
1. Status bar "pan" control moved to the NAVBAR, as you mentioned. AFAIK, there is no way to add it to the status bar in 2011.

2. Go to Options > Selection > Visual Effect Settings > Area Selection Effect

ReMark
13th Dec 2010, 05:00 pm
You could always add it (Pan) to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar).

It is just a right-click away via the Shortcut menu. Do you really need it on-screen at all?

bjenk8100
13th Dec 2010, 05:14 pm
yea just have to get use to using it in right click

also,

i have been messing around with some of the snaps and cycling and some how all contraints are shown when i draw . Anyone know how to automanically hide the constraints without Xing them out.

ReMark
13th Dec 2010, 05:28 pm
You have a severe case of clickitis. Perhaps it is wise to see a doctor.

Sounds like you happened upon the Parametric tab > Geometric panel. How about Hide all geometric constraints?