VB.NET Template for AutoCAD Issues

rjohnson42

Hey fellas,

I recently purchased the VB.NET for Autocad '10 book by Jerry Winters and on his website (vbcad.com) are some templates to work off of. I installed the AutoCAD '10 Template that works for Visual Basic '08 Express Edition, however I get a script error every time I attempt to create a new project using that template. See screenshot. Has anybody run into this?

I'm running Windows 7, 32-bit. I chose the 32-bit installation of the Template.

Thanks for any help/advice

Error Message.png

• 3 weeks later...

I only have the earlier version of Jerry Winters' book and had a similar problem when I upgraded from VS 2005 to VS 2008 and AutoCAD 2009.

You have to read very carefully the section at the beginning of the book dealing with installing the wizard and the files that belong to it and the paths and settings in the files. All the information is there you just need to follow it very carefully. It's definitely not a Windows eizard problem.

Edited by Tyke
spelling

• 2 years later...

I have the same, i am new in CAD.Net, have just read installation Jerry templates and try to do it. but failed.

any help?

thanks for all in advance.

• 1 year later...

I think that the template now is useless, it does not support you by any thing except writing some codes at the header and call references DLLs.

Now i am using CAD 2014 with VS 2013.

its so great.

FWIW -

If you aren't sure how to setup your own project template, you can download the applicable AutoCAD .NET Wizard from Autodesk's website. If you have trouble with their Wizard (ie, 2015 Wizard + VS 2013), post back.

Cheers