delete all texts in a layer by selecting one text

gvgbabu

hi all

is it possible to delete all texts in a layer by selecting one text

because so many entities are there in that layer besides texts (select all wont work)

is it requires a lisp program or command is there

please help me

thanks in advance

ganesh

hi alanjt

thanks for reply

i did not understand

please explain in detail

and one more question

selecting all text in one layer and change it to same text ( ie i have a layer with texts like B1 B2 .....B100, i want to select all the texts and change it to B1) is it possible

thank in advance

ganesh

Alans given you 4 answers to do this

I would "filter" "add object" delete the text value & text position lines, "apply" highlite the whole drawing the press delete button all done.

2nd question yes a simple lisp would change all text values search for change text as a start would need a subtle change to do what you want.

Yep, Alan's given you 4 commands which are built into ACad for selecting entities by filtering their properties. The SelectSimilar is probably not in your 2004 (unless you've installed something like my lisp from here), but Filter should be fine, perhaps even QSelect. Don't know when SSX came about though.

and one more question

selecting all text in one layer and change it to same text ( ie i have a layer with texts like B1 B2 .....B100, i want to select all the texts and change it to B1) is it possible

As for this, it's also not necessary to write some Lisp. If it's all normal DText entities, then after you've selected them (using any of the previously listed methods) open the Properties Palette (Ctrl+1) and simply type a new value into the Contents property.

If you've got MTexts / Attributes / etc, then use the FIND command: type * as the "Find text string" and your new value into the "Replace with", then click "Replace All".

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]defun c:test [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]/ ss[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]and [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq ss [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssget '[b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]0 . [color=#2f4f4f]"*TEXT"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
     [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]= [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]sslength ss[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b] 1[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
     [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]command [color=#2f4f4f]"_.ERASE"[/color] [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssget [color=#2f4f4f]"X"[/color] [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]list [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cons 0 [color=#2f4f4f]"*TEXT"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                                         [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]assoc 8 [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]entget [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]ssname ss 0[b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
                         [color=#2f4f4f]""[/color][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

-David