Modify lisp to ignore locked layers.

XIJIANGWOO

Hello Everyone,

I have a lisp that I would like to use but I do not want it to affect locked layers. Could someone point me in the right direction on how to modify this lisp? I'm starting to get familiar with lisp programming but this code looks different than what I have been using. This lisp simply takes all text and puts it on a new layer called "Layer"-Text. I have one layer of text that I do not want to change. I'm hoping to just keep the layer locked while the lisp runs.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Also does anyone know any good references on lisp for AutoCAD?

ToText.lsp

(defun c:ToText (/ la name lk ss new);; Move all *Text and *Leaders to a text layer, matching primary layer (eg. ALAN -> ALAN-TEXT);; Includes objects on locked layers;; Layer created if doesn't exist (also takes on color of primary layer);; Alan J. Thompson, 08.19.10(vl-load-com)(vlax-for l (setq la (vla-get-layers(cond (*AcadDoc*)((setq *AcadDoc* (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))))))(or (wcmatch (strcase (setq name (vla-get-name l))) "*-TEXT,*$*")(if (setq ss (ssget "_X" (list '(0 . "*LEADER,*TEXT") (cons 8 name))))(progn(and (setq lk (eq :vlax-true (vla-get-lock l))) (vla-put-lock l :vlax-false))(or (tblsearch "LAYER" (setq new (strcat name "-TEXT")))(vla-put-color (vla-add la new) (vla-get-color l)))(vlax-for x (setq ss (vla-get-activeselectionset *AcadDoc*))(vl-catch-all-apply (function vla-put-layer) (list x new)))(vla-delete ss)(and lk (vla-put-lock l :vlax-true))))))(princ)) 

Here is another way to write it:

(defun c:test ( / acdoc aclay acsel name ) (vl-load-com)

(setq acdoc (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object))
       aclay (vla-get-layers acdoc)
 )  
 (vlax-for layer aclay
   (cond
     ( (eq :vlax-true (vla-get-lock layer))
     )
     ( (wcmatch (strcase (setq name (vla-get-name layer))) "*-TEXT")
     )
     ( (ssget "_X" (list (cons 0 "*LEADER,*TEXT") (cons 8 name)))

(if (null (tblsearch "LAYER" (setq name (strcat name "-TEXT"))))
         (vla-put-color (vla-add aclay name) (vla-get-color layer))
       )
       (vlax-for obj (setq acsel (vla-get-activeselectionset acdoc))
         (vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-put-layer (list obj name))
       )
       (vla-delete acsel)
     )
   )
 )
 (princ)
)

Just for kicks this one will copy all properties of the original layer using an ObjectDBX Document (except if the original layer was "0"):

(defun c:test ( / acapp acdoc aclay acsel acver dbdoc dblay name new ) (vl-load-com)
 ;; © Lee Mac 2011

(setq acapp (vlax-get-acad-object)
       acdoc (vla-get-activedocument acapp)
       aclay (vla-get-layers acdoc)
       dbdoc (vla-getinterfaceobject acapp
               (if (< (setq acver (atoi (getvar 'ACADVER))) 16)
                 "ObjectDBX.AxDbDocument" (strcat "ObjectDBX.AxDbDocument." (itoa acver))
               )
             )
       dblay (vla-get-layers dbdoc)
 )
 (vlax-for layer aclay
   (cond
     ( (eq :vlax-true (vla-get-lock layer))
     )
     ( (wcmatch (strcase (setq name (vla-get-name layer))) "*-TEXT")
     )
     ( (ssget "_X" (list (cons 0 "*LEADER,*TEXT") (cons 8 name)))

(if (null (tblsearch "LAYER" (strcat name "-TEXT")))
         (if (eq "0" name)
           (vla-put-color (vla-add aclay (strcat name "-TEXT")) (vla-get-color layer))
           (progn
             (vlax-invoke acdoc 'copyobjects (list layer) dblay)
             (vla-put-name (setq new (vla-item dblay name)) (strcat name "-TEXT"))
             (vlax-invoke dbdoc 'copyobjects (list new) aclay)
           )
         )
       )
       (vlax-for obj (setq acsel (vla-get-activeselectionset acdoc))
         (vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-put-layer (list obj (strcat name "-TEXT")))
       )
       (vla-delete acsel)
     )
   )
 )
 (vlax-release-object dbdoc)
 (princ)
)

Thanks Lee, Those both are excelllent ! What would I change if I wanted to have the layers to be named "TEXT-*" instead of "*-TEXT" ? I think it's easier to have the text layers grouped together when the layer properties manager is being used.

And where did you learn lisp? Was it self taught? I really want to learn myself.

Thanks for everything !

Xi

Thanks Lee, Those both are excelllent !

Thanks, you're very welcome Xi :)

What would I change if I wanted to have the layers to be named "TEXT-*" instead of "*-TEXT" ? I think it's easier to have the text layers grouped together when the layer properties manager is being used.

In the wcmatch expression, change:

"*-TEXT"

to:

"TEXT-*"

And change every occurrence of:

(strcat name "-TEXT")

to:

(strcat "TEXT-" name)

(Note: do not change the ssget filter list expression "*LEADER,*TEXT").

And where did you learn lisp? Was it self taught? I really want to learn myself.

Yes, my LISP knowledge is all self-taught - mostly learning from both the forums, Visual LISP Help Documentation and a little experimenting. :)

Yes, my LISP knowledge is all self-taught - mostly learning from both the forums, Visual LISP Help Documentation and a little experimenting. :)
IMO that's the "best" way to learn any programming language: have some reference material, some samples, and some piers for when you get stuck. Then trial-n-error is the "real" teacher.

IMO that's the "best" way to learn any programming language: have some reference material, some samples, and some piers for when you get stuck. Then trial-n-error is the "real" teacher.

I definitely agree. On the same topic, this article is an interesting read (posted at theSwamp recently).