Auto numbers

Mostly_Nice

Gents,

I can't find anywhere, an auto number lisp. My google skills are maybe a little naff? because im sure someone has created one.

To elaborate;

I'm having to set so many unique weld numbers on fabrication drawings and it's well, killing me... it is actually sucking the life from bones and making me consider becoming a pizza boy or something.

The process im looking to acomplish is a simple one;

Click my MTEXT "W02001" - click my random text and the lisp to match all numbers with a multiplier of 1, making my random text "W02002" and so on so forth.

Please tell me this has been done? I've got over 700 left to do :(:cry:

I think Irneb's 'AutoIncr' would do that :)
Yep, you can download the latest revision here: http://caddons.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/caddons/General/AutoIncr.LSP?view=log

The command would then be AutoIncr to start creating a group of linked numbers. Pick the 1st text, choose the Settings option and change to your relevant requirements. In your case that might be:

• Numbering type = Integer
  • Prefix = W02
  • Suffix =
  • Start = 1
  • Vector = 1
  • Digits = 3

Note, there's a preview at the bottom/right of the dialog so you can see how the texts should look.

Then continue picking the text in order. Or you could use the select option and select the text using a fence selection by dragging a polyline across the texts in order (works with the 'filter command as well).

If you later want to add another number at the end / somewhere in the begining/middle, use the EditIncr command. Pick any one of the texts, that one should be the current one (highlighted in red), then you can insert/append other texts, or remove the current. To change the current you can use Prev/Next options. Or to move the current up/down the order use the Up/Down option. And of course you can change the Settings again. The texts should renumber themselves accordingly at each change.

I sure must be doing something really wrong, I can't get the dcl to popup. Using vanilla Acad2008.

any clue why?

steve

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?34914-Incremental-Numbering-Suite-Comments-Criticism-Welcome

Found it here!

Lee Mac;

There are alot of people who owe you a drink, i'm first in line :)

Ah yes, I forgot - the Replacement mode of that program should work too :)

The whole program needs a lot of work since I wrote it a while ago, but I think it will work better if you uncheck the 'Text follows cursor' option in the top-left.

Lee