Save Current DWG to Another Location

ksperopoulos

I am trying to learn lisp and write a lisp that will take whatever current drawing file I have open and save it automatically to a different location on our server after I run the lisp. I have looked through the AutoCad lisp tutorial on how to get the name of the current drawing file, but I am unsure what I need to use. Is it "vl-filename-base"? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Current Drawing:

(getvar 'DWGNAME)

Current Drawing Path:

(getvar 'DWGPREFIX)

Current Drawing Filepath:

(strcat (getvar 'DWGPREFIX) (getvar 'DWGNAME))

Thanks Lee Mac! I tried using this but it isn't working right just yet. It saves a file to the location I want to put it in, but it is giving it an incorrect filename. This is what I have:

(SETQ FILENAME (GETVAR 'DWGNAME))
    (COMMAND "_SAVEAS" "2010" "N:/Projects/Contractors/Ft. Benning Martin Army Hospital/VDC/09-Other Files/Upload Folder/FILENAME")

I tried modifying this to:

(COMMAND "_SAVEAS" "2010" "N:/Projects/Contractors/Ft. Benning Martin Army Hospital/VDC/09-Other Files/Upload Folder/[color="red"]" FILENAME[/color])

but that didn't work either. I just can't seem to figure out how to get the value to return as the value to name the new file. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by ksperopoulos

First I think you can not save as your current drawing to 2010 since you are using 2009 .:wink:

Try this .

(COMMAND "_SAVEAS"  "2010" (strcat "N:\\Projects\\Contractors\\Ft. Benning Martin Army Hospital\\VDC\\09-Other Files\\Upload Folder\\" FILENAME))

Edited by Tharwat
EDIT : strcat added

Oops! I haven't updated my profile in a while. We are actually on 2011. I wish that was my problem. That would be an easy fix.

I think I finally got it. It put the file (with the correct file name) in the correct folder. Is this how it should look?

(COMMAND "_SAVEAS" "2010" (STRCAT "N:/Projects/Contractors/Ft. Benning Martin Army Hospital/VDC/09-Other Files/Upload Folder/" (GETVAR 'DWGNAME)))