...link attributes to each other?

kif

Hi,

I would like to link attributes to each other, when I change 1, the have to change all.

For example, I have a resistornetwork with 4 times the value on it. Al 4 value's al always the same. This is what I have right now:

resnet.png

What I would like is just 1 atribute, and 4 time the value in the drawing, but I have totally no clue how to link them together.

I don't know of any way to do what you're asking using standard autocad commands. I do, however, have a lisp routine that I use to do something very similar that would work for you. Let me know if you're interested and I will post it.

I don't know of any way to do what you're asking using standard autocad commands. I do, however, have a lisp routine that I use to do something very similar that would work for you. Let me know if you're interested and I will post it.
I'm quite interested in it, its not te perfect thing I'm looking for, but it would save me a lot of work.

You can use GATTE-command to change the values of all attributes with same tag at once.
Thats going to be a problem, because sometimes I have a lot of these blocks in my drawing, and they don't have all the same value.

I didn't realize you are on 2002. My program won't work for you. Your best bet is to upgrade to at least 2004 and use the GATTE command that Yamma suggested.

Sorry. :ermm:

I didn't realize you are on 2002. My program won't work for you. Your best bet is to upgrade to at least 2004 and use the GATTE command that Yamma suggested.
Sorry, my fault, I didn't say at the beginning that I was working with 2002..

• 2 years later...

I am interested in the LISP you mentioned.

I can use GATTE but it does not allow you to select an attribute that does not already have a value in it. When I try and type the name it does not work apparently it does not like attributes with underscores in them like REV_3_NO so when I type the name this is what I get:

Select attribute or type attribute name: REV_3_NO

*Invalid selection*

Expects a point or RE

Select attribute or type attribute name:

Unfortunately, all most all of the tags in our title blocks have underscores in them so I have to go into one of the many title blocks and add the text to the values and then go and run GATTE then I can select the value and update all the title blocks.

I am using ACAD2008 on a Dell workstation 390, Windows XP Pro SP2. if you still have the LISP routine you talked about here if you think it will work for me could you please post it so I can try it?.

Thanks,

Christine

• 1 month later...

Have you tried linking the Attributes with Fields? I have managed to do this before with my title block i have the same drawings number on the outside of the boarder for when flicking through - when i update the drawings number in the title block this one also updates (when you do a regen)

Let me know how you get on if you need a hand setting it up.

Oops sorry my attributes are part of a block - let me have a play see if it works with just an attribute!

I can only do it when the attributes are in the same block sorry - does this help?