Editing existing toolbars and buttons

madriver

I am having trouble editing existing imported toolbars. Also, I cannot retreive my custom toolbars into 2012. When I convert older menus (mnu) into 2012 the tool bars all have question marks on them, and my custom toolbars are not listed. I cannot go into CUI customization and click on a button to edit it's command and or icon. The older version of cad is not on my new system so I cannot use the migration tool. Thoughts

Thank You

Bob

To use your old mnu files in 2012 you will also need the bitmap files for the icons on your buttons, without them you will just get the question marks. Place the bitmaps in a sub directory to the folder where your mnu file is and in "Options" place the bitmap folder in your support path. When you load the mnu file using the "menuload" command an mnr file (menu resource file) will be created. In 2012 the bitmaps are then held as resources in the CUIx file and the question marks will be gone.

nope...didn't work. But I see the logic. Copied my bmp files all over the place and entered the path in the support directories, but still have all question marks. I still cannot edit the question mark buttons...I think this is why the buttons are not updating. Should the bmp files go directly into my support folder?

If AutoCAD 2012 is installed in the folder named "Program Files" then it is the 64-bit version. If it was installed in the folder named "Program Files (x86)" then it would be the 32-bit version.

You cannot right-click on a toolbar and edit it. Edits must be made through the CUIx. Access to the CUI is via the Manage tab, Customization panel > User Interface icon.

I am making some progress. My bmp files still do not migrate with impoted toolbars. Also, in CUI I can add a button or command to an existing toolbar, but I cannot remove that button or edit an existing button in an existing toolbar, is this possible?

Also, a few of my bmp icon do show up in the imported menu files tool bars, however, I do not see my bmp icons in the CUI icon button editor. Thoughts or help as always much appreciated. My bmp files are in the support path and in the existing bmp folder within 2012

Bob

wow...really...like how to open CUI files to edit the menu's...thanks....I understand how and why...I am having trouble with a new version of AutoCad and it's differences in editing. Can you answer my question....can you edit existing toolbar buttons and if so how? I am unable to do this in the customazation panel for some reason. ReMark....you are begining to sound like the Chief Nazi's in the Chief forum.

You're calling me a Nazi? I'd watch how you throw words around.

AutoCAD User Documentation...How to Create and Edit Toolbars.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS73099cc142f4875513fb5cd10c4aa30d6b-7cd4.htm,topicNumber=d0e381654

Create and Edit Toolbars (Procedure)...http://www.kxcad.net/autodesk/autocad/AutoCAD_2008_Customization_Guide/d0e8923.htm

Create a Custom Toolbar...http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/AutoCAD_tips_create_custom_toolbar_cui.html

Working with Toolbar and Menu...http://cad-notes.com/2012/03/exploring-autocad-cui-working-with-toolbar-and-menu/

All these references I found with a simple Google search. If I can do it so can just about anyone else including you. Enjoy.

ReMark...please don't respond to my posts...your comments are of no help. If you read my posts...I ask...can you edit an existing toolbar...I have googled the issue more than you. I am unable to do this via everything I have read...so I ask here if there is something I am missing. I can create and ad to exiting toolbars, I cannot edit existing toolbars and or toolbar buttons......READ MY POST.

Yes, you can edit an existing toolbar. I've done it using the instructions found in some of the links I gave you. Michael Beall (see Michael's Corner link at the top of your screen) has covered the topic. Seek and ye shall find.

As per your wish I will no longer respond to your question. Thank you for your participation. Have a sparkling day.