Compress line drawn on top of a line

sean

Hi Guys,

I have a question, I hope you can help with and that is, is it possible to compress a line or object drawn on top of another line or object to create one object?

I import my AutoCAD 2011 drawings into a CNC however the software isn't happy if a line is drawn on top of another line. If this happens it is not obvious simply by looking at the drawing and I have to go through the drawing checking each and every line which can be quite time consuming.

Hope this makes sense...

Just tried typing the command 'OVERKILL' in AutoCAD 2011 and it did not recognise it...

Any other ideas??

The CNC software is ArtCAM Insignia and when I bring a dwg file into ArtCAM I have problems with self intersecting lines and coincident points...

2011?

Full AutoCAD 2011 would definitely recognize the OVERKILL command IF Express Tools had been loaded during the installation process. The command will clean up overlapping and duplicate lines.

You'll have to get out your installation DVD and load Express Tools.

Overkill is an Express Tool. You just need to install them and run that command with the appropriate options on the errant objects.

Thanks ReMark,

I went to CONTROL PANEL, then ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS, then next to AutoCAD 2011 CHANGE/REMOVE and selected change. From here I was able to activate EXPRESS TOOLS.

Launched AutoCAD and drew a line on top of a line. At the COMMAND LINE typed OVERKILL and hey presto I was able to clean up overlapping and duplicate lines!!

So many thanks to you guys for your help and support:D