Question About Display in the 3ds Max (e.g. Wireframe, Smooth, etc.)

spinecad

The standard default lighting should give you that type of display.

No it's not.

What I want is without a shade.

Try switching your viewport display mode to "Flat" shading then. This will eliminate all shading from the viewport display.

No it's not flat.

Well, I don't know what to tell you then. You're not exactly giving me much feedback.

Flat shading will give you a viewport display of your model with no shading which is what you asked for.

Flat shading with Edged Faces enabled will give you a viewport display of your model with no shading and edges visible.

If you want your model to have colors displayed, like the image you posted, then you will have to apply materials to your model.

Without a more detailed response from you, I really can't offer any more suggestions because I don't know what you're trying to achieve.

Isn't this the type of look you're after?

Flat-Edged Faces.jpg

Well, I don't know what to tell you then. You're not exactly giving me much feedback.

Flat shading will give you a viewport display of your model with no shading which is what you asked for.

Flat shading with Edged Faces enabled will give you a viewport display of your model with no shading and edges visible.

If you want your model to have colors displayed, like the image you posted, then you will have to apply materials to your model.

Without a more detailed response from you, I really can't offer any more suggestions because I don't know what you're trying to achieve.

Isn't this the type of look you're after?

Flat + Edged Faces show me all meshes of the 3D object.

I want to remove the mesh display.

I don't know if you need to see this effect in the viewport or in your renders, but if you just want it to display in your renders, you can use the Ink and Paint material: