I am puzzled at this...

mwade93

I am trying to make code that when it changes vars it resets them. However, I have run into an issue. If i use this code, it works perfect, stores menuecho and then resets it:

^C^C^Csetvar;useri3;$M=$(getvar,menuecho);menuecho;2;menuecho;"$M=$(getvar,useri3)";

The action part of the code would go in the middle of this such as this (it is just inserting an attributed block, the # symbols are used so I can mass remove them with an attreq at end because insertion wont allow blanks):

^C^C^Csetvar;useri3;$M=$(getvar,menuecho);setvar;useri2;$M=$(getvar,attreq);menuecho;2;attreq;1;-insert;baringsch;\1;1;0;48;1;REFRIGERATED DISPLAY CASE;FEDERAL IND.;ELPRSS3;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;120;1;16;#;#;DGR;4";#;#;-attedit;n;n;baringsch;*;*;#;;menuecho;"$M=$(getvar,useri3)";attreq;"$M=$(getvar,useri2)";

However, when I use the second example it hiccups and I get this:

Command: setvar

Enter variable name or [?] : useri3

Enter new value for USERI3 : $M=DISPLAY

Requires an integer between -32768 and 32767.

I am just completely confused as to why this is happening.

Edited by mwade93

First guess is you are missing the closing quote at the end, but I will need to decipher what is going on first.

I actually fixed that on my end already, but I don't even get that far into the line of code. It never sets the useri2 or useri3 variables. The middle part works fine, I just can't get to it without it hiccuping.

I don't have your block, so I ran a test with a block with just 2 attributes, and it all runs fine, can you post a blank drawing with the block in it

It is not actually our block, its a clients we work with frequently, so unfortunely no....:x. Did you use the code exactly as it sits in my first post or did you change it?

changed it in as much as I took out a load of the attribute values, the only other thing I could think of is that at the start of the insert command you have \1;1;0;48 etc. is 48 your first attribute value, if so take out one of the 1's so you get \1;0;48 and try that.

I never get to that point though. It hiccups when it is trying to set the first variable.

Enter new value for USERI3 : $M=DISPLAY

Then we'll try it the other way round, attached is the test block I used. And here is the altered code

^C^C^Csetvar;useri3;$M=$(getvar,menuecho);setvar;useri2;$M=$(getvar,attreq);menuecho;2;attreq;1;-insert;test;\1;0;a;#;-attedit;n;n;test;*;*;#;;menuecho;"$M=$(getvar,useri3)";attreq;"$M=$(getvar,useri2)";

testblock.dwg

found it ---4"---, scripts and macro's don't like em, can you leave out the " symbol or use something else, a double tick for example ''

found it ---4"---, scripts and macro's don't like em, can you leave out the " symbol or use something else, a double tick for example ''

I took out the " symbol and added 2 '. It now stores useri3 correctly, but i am still getting an error with useri2. I copied the setvar part from the first part of the code and just changed it useri2 and changed the variable, so it can't be an error of mistyping characters.

Enter new value for USERI3 : 4

Enter variable name or [?] : useri2

Enter new value for USERI2 : $M=1

Enter new value for USERI2 : *Cancel*

Command: *Cancel*

PM me your email and I can send you the block. Wish I could just PM you the drawing.

steven-g has been helping me and this is what he has come up with. This works without any hiccups but we have still not discovered about menuecho.

^C^C^Csetvar;useri2;$M=$(getvar,attreq);attreq;1;-insert;baringsch;\1;1;0;48;1;REFRIGERATED DISPLAY CASE;FEDERAL IND.;ELPRSS3;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;#;120;1;16;#;#;DGR;4'';#;#;-attedit;n;n;baringsch;*;*;#;;attreq;$(getvar,useri2);