Replace LT with AutoCAD 360 Pro?

dalimd

Well I was thinking about buying a Surface 3, and I know I can use LT on that. But I am now thinking the web version of 360 might be an option. I don't have any experience with 360 pro though, so I wanted to know if anyone has experience with designing in 360.

Although now that I am looking around, I can't tell if there is 360 pro web? so confused :? https://www.autocad360.com/products/web/

Replace a full blown CAD drafting program with an Uber cutsey phone app, then store proprietary drawings on dropbox? Fine.

Is this instead of buying LT for a just a viewer (see your other post)?

Why don't you use the free version of AutoCAD360, try it out, see if it does what you want, make sure your Boss is OK with files being on the cloud outside your the Boss' control, and then decide if 'cheaper' is valid.

Is this instead of buying LT for a just a viewer (see your other post)?

Yes and no. I was thinking about 360 because it would allow you do the viewing, but in case you also need to be able to edit, you don't have to hand over $1200 up front. This makes sense to me. My boss is thinking about buying LT for everyone because some people are saying "what if we need to do some editing?" Also I get the sense that, as you alluded to in the other thread, there is this notion that there is some sort of status symbol association with LT and AutoCAD. So people might just buy LT, even if they don't need it.

I guess in general my questions is: Would you ever switch from LT to 360? If you already use LT for editing, you probably are not switching (right?). If you use it for viewing only, you have other issues that 360 won't solve. And then there is the cloud issue. So, what's the point of 360?

Thoughts?

My response is if your boss wants to buy X number of copies of LT to use as a viewer then you should comply with his wishes.

Now, how does that line go "A fool and his money............"?

I use AutoCAD360 (the free version) as a mobile AutoCAd when I'm on a job site or travelling: accessing files on my mobile devices is a great convenience for my work. It's a great tool for adjacency type use, along with desktop AutoCAD/LT at the office. The free version of AutoCAD 360 is "good enough" for my needs. Known limitation: you all can't share the same account or access the same files at one location easily.

Instead of posting the same question over and over again, why don't you get an AutoCAD360 account for yourself and a colleague/boss and try it out, with your files, with your work needs, and find out for yourself?

Stop asking the same questions, go find out for yourself. Get a free account and try AutoCAD360.

http://www.autocad360.com, sign up for a free account, try it: you need a real powerful browser like Chrome to use the site properly, IE will not do.

Go do it now.