Editing Text From Certain Drawings Crashes Acad

tjb384

Beats me. It doesn't show me anything wrong, other than it is ALL simple single line text and it is 2004 format.

The first three times i opened it and tried to edit the text, I had to open task manager to kill AutoCad. My program, 2015 LT isn't crashing, it just freezes up like a rock, and does not come back. The fourth time, it let me edit ANY of the text, the fifth time it froze again.

I ran Audit, & -purge, then I WBLOCK'ed it out. Same result on that copy too. Audit found 4 errors and fixed three of them. It didn't tell me what the errors were nor what was not fixed.

You do know, this drawing has 3D objects in it, right. Solids(may be 2D), Traces, and stuff. I wonder if that has something to do with why LT is having a hard time with the text,

Edited by Dana W

Maybe it's a system resources thing. I'm running 2015 LT trial version on an on board graphics card so the program is barely chugging along anyway.

You can return all entities to a Z of 0'-0" using the CHANGE command and the Elevation option.
Yeah, that I forgot to mention. There are some objects not on the x/y plane. They have minor non zero Z axis values.

The OP asked the same question over at Cadeverything.com

We gave the same advice- to flatten everything back to Z=0.

As he hasn't come back either here or there I guess it must have worked for him.

Would be nice to get some feedback or a thanks though.

No, we gave him the various ways to do it, using flatten and change commands, using the properties, and even the old trick of moving everything into hyperspace on the z ordinate (0,0,1e99) and back, so he should have been able to use one of them.