AutoCAD LT keep command line minimized

Tyke

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2014 for this job. I have a button on a palette with the following command string:

^C^C-la;a;s;\;;;

LAyer | stAte | Save | \ pause for user input of name

But when it ends it expands the command line, which I don't want. I've tried using CMDECHO at the beginning and end of the command string; a couple more Esc characters at the end; extra and less semicolons, but I just can't get it to keep the command line minimized.

Does anyone know how to keep the command line minimised?

Thanks for the suggestion steven, but unfortunately it doesn't change anything, the command line is still expanded.

BTW txtscr actually opens and closes a separate text window and does not affect the expanded command line.

Ahh then your Autocad is behaving differently to mine, your macro opened up the text window when I ran it, it had no effect on the command line. My command line is docked to the bottom of the screen and is expanded to show 3 lines, maybe its how you have your's placed ??

Ahh then your Autocad is behaving differently to mine, your macro opened up the text window when I ran it, it had no effect on the command line. My command line is docked to the bottom of the screen and is expanded to show 3 lines, maybe its how you have your's placed ??

That could be the difference, on this computer (not mine) the command line is floating and no text window is displayed, just the expanded command line. Even pressing F2 just expands/collapses the command line, it does not display the text window. I've just checked that computer again and docking the command line and using textscr solves the problem. I will have to see if the user wants to tolerate the expanded command line or if he is prepared to work with a docked command line, the choice is his. He only has a relatively small screen and wants to maximise his screen real estate by floating the command line, or so he says.

Thanks steven.

Cheapskate buy him a new monitor.

It's not my company I'm just freelancing for them. But I agree with you, with the current prices of 24" monitors they could easily fit him out with 2x 24". Personally I would not settle for less. What's worse they will not fork out for a full version of AutoCAD, that would pay for itself many times over within a year with the increased productivity in the kind of work that they do. But then I would get less work from them :?