Tables

rossapax23

Hi All

My job involves creating large tables which detail hundreds of cables that will be wired into a house-

1. The first thing I do is open an architects plan in Autocad 2014 lt.

2. I then add 'markers' to the Floor Plan where all of the cables will enter each room.

ie cable 1 > Living room

cable 2 > Bathroom

cable 3 > Kitchen

3. Finally I create a large autocad table an add all of the cables into it. This table details the type of cable and where it runs to ect. But essentially it matches each cable on the plan.

The problem I have is that these tables are constantly been updated and changed. So each time a cable on the floor plan is removed I also have to remove the cable from the schedule and vice versa.

Because there are quite a few people working on these drawings and everything needs doing in a hurry mistakes keep creeping in and cables are missed off the schedule ect.

My question is-

Can a Autocad 2014 LT table remove a cable from the table if it deleted from the plan. ie Can I link the table item to the plan item?

Thanks Ross

Without seeing how your drawings are created I would say yes, if you can use an attributed block for your wiring somehow, then you can put a field into the table that reads the attribute, which means it will also update if you change the value. It won't automatically be deleted from the table when a cable is deleted but the value for the field will change to ####, the other advantage to using attributes is you can extract the data out to excel for creating shedules