LT 2015 Macro command for DIMLINEAR or any other commands

Davidjb

Just started using 2015 LT having used various LT packages.

Does anyone know the correct macro command for selecting DIM commands which will automatically put them on a layer called DIMENSION.

Previous commands in DIMLINEAR toolbar customisation after C C were _layer set dimension DIMLINEAR

This doesn't seem to work in 2015 LT and the command seems to change with every upgrade.

Hope someone can help with supplying the correct command - please email djb_bails@ntlworld.com

Hi Davidjb. Welcome to the forum!

I find it easier using ";" exclusively instead of spaces in my macros. Otherwise it is tricky to know if you've closed out of, say the layer command properly.

(It also makes macros easier to read on the forum if you wrap it in the Code Tag, the hash button between the speech bubble and the emoticon above the text editor.)

It seems to me that your code breaks at the _Layer command:

^C^C_layer set dimension DIMLINEAR 

It is opening the layer properties manager. Try prefixing with a hyphen instead:

^C^C-Layer;Set;Dimension;;DIMLINEAR;

Hi Davidjb. Welcome to the forum!

I find it easier using ";" exclusively instead of spaces in my macros. Otherwise it is tricky to know if you've closed out of, say the layer command properly.

(It also makes macros easier to read on the forum if you wrap it in the Code Tag, the hash button between the speech bubble and the emoticon above the text editor.)

It seems to me that your code breaks at the _Layer command:

^C^C_layer set dimension DIMLINEAR 

It is opening the layer properties manager. Try prefixing with a hyphen instead:

^C^C-Layer;Set;Dimension;;DIMLINEAR;

Many thanks, this command is the one for 2015 LT - davidjb

You are most welcome. Glad it helped.

A macro is also able to set the correct DimStyle, and restore the current layer after the command if any of that is of interest to you. Keep exploring and you'll find macros to be an essential companion.