Autocad LT 2015 - Transfer customised UI settings

Davidjb

I am using AutoCAD LT 2015 and want to transfer my customised user interface settings/toolbars etc to another PC.

I have set up a .cuix file which has my personal settings - can anyone help in giving a step by step guide to transfer these settings to another external AutoCAD licensed PC

Request number 123. This has been asked for so many times even a couple of days ago, if you do a search here you will find volumes of information about migrating to another PC.

I am hoping to do a video capture for 2016 civ3d install but its not hitting my desk till July.

In short ARG or Config-> support paths

Config-> Files-> main customization menu for custom cuix

Many thanks guys

I have used the Migrate custom settings in Start/programs/Autodesk/in my case AutoCAD LT 2015 - export and import to another PC and it seems to have worked okay.

This has saved me a lot of time as a contractor going to different companies

Many thanks guys

I have used the Migrate custom settings in Start/programs/Autodesk/in my case AutoCAD LT 2015 - export and import to another PC and it seems to have worked okay.

This has saved me a lot of time as a contractor going to different companies

Excellent, very glad to hear that you were able to do it, and to spare us all from the tedium of going through it again, step by step. :)

We are more than happy to help when needed, so don't hesitate to ask if you do get stuck.

If you google an Autocad problem, there is a very good chance that the top links that come up will bring you right back here,

but to an appropriate existing thread. Lots of forum members prefer searching via Google to using the website SEARCH facility.

spare us all from the tedium of going through it again

I will try to post a full step by step instruction based on starting from scratch with a brand new install need to wait though till July unfortunately, the reason for this is we want to create a brand new DWT using the default 2016, our dwt is probably 10 years old so we felt its time to start again. It also will cover that getting other sideways stuff from friends how do I add that and I have to do 8 pc's

I will try to post a full step by step instruction based on starting from scratch with a brand new install need to wait though till July unfortunately, the reason for this is we want to create a brand new DWT using the default 2016, our dwt is probably 10 years old so we felt its time to start again. It also will cover that getting other sideways stuff from friends how do I add that and I have to do 8 pc's

That will be a great asset to have available on the forum BIGAL, whenever it happens. :beer: