AutoCAD LT 2008 Dimensional Cotes color changing

LeoPinhaz

Hello guys.

I would like to know how can i change the color of total dimensional cotes in a drawing that was sent to me in a dxf file. I dont want to change just one, but the color of all cotes.

I would appreciate your help, thank you

What is a dimensional "cote"? Changing some feature of a group of dimensions might be best achieved via the dimension style dialog box (DDIM) or by the use of the QSELECT command.

Hey Leo, did you solve your problem or not?

I looked up the definition of the word cote and this is what I found. "A shelter, coop, or small shed for sheep, pigs, or pigeons." Makes me wonder what version of AutoCAD you really are running. Is it AutoCAD Barnyard 2011?:lol:

I think he means Cotas, that is what the Portugese call the Dimension Lines, Extension Lines, Arrows, etc. , typically all the dimension layers are called Cota.

A copy of the drawing file might help develop a solution.

Welcome to CADTutor Leo! :)

If they are all on the same layer, you could change the color of the layer, that might do it, might not, but worth a try.

Or you can go into the DIMSTYLE Manager, and change the definition of the dimension style there, so that the colors you want to use are designated in the dimstyle. Sounds like the LINES tab would be a good place to start, followed by the TEXT & ARROWS tab.

It would definitely be helpful to see an example of one of these files, to determine the best way for you to proceed.

If you want to, you can create a copy of one of them, and delete any proprietary information.

We wouldn't need to see too much to come up with a solution for you.