DIESEL expression - XREF path ONLY

iforwms

Hi,

Is there a way of showing only the location of the xrefs using a diesel expression (or otherwise)?

At the moment I'm using $(xrefs,5), but all the xrefs are in the same folder, and I only want that folder path shown once.

I.e., even if I have 5 xrefs, I just want one line showing the fodler path of those xrefs.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

-Ifor

I don't think it's possible using Diesel. If the folder is always the same, you could use the $(strcat,...) to extract only from after the last \ character.

Though how to get the position of that last \ is not something I think can be done through Diesel automatically. You'd probably have to use something like Lisp instead ... but then it can't be used inside a field now can it?

Thanks for the reply.

I've had another idea.

Say the xrefs are always in D:\Projects\XXX\XREF

and the drawing is always in D:\Projects\XXX\Drawings

Is there a way of removing the folder name from the dwgprefix?

So dwgprefix plus some command to strip out "Drawings" from the path and append XREF to it instead?

Thanks

Probably, using strlen and getvar. Just a query though, are you using RText? The $(xrefs,5) gives me an error if it's inside a MText - it just results in $(xrefs)??

Not sure if the Diesel I'm referring to would work in RText though.

Yes using RText.

I used strlen to remove the folder name, but obviously, if the drawing isn't in a folder called 'drawing', then it just removes 7 characters from the path.

I need to remove all characters from the last / to the end of the path.

Unfortunately Diesel just don't have a search inside a string. Here are the only functions you can use in Diesel: http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2011/ENU/filesACG/WS73099cc142f4875513fb5cd10c4aa30d6b-7b3c.htm

In Lisp I'd be able to use the vl-string-search, or even use a loop and wcmatch. But then you can't place a Lisp function call inside a field / RText. BTW, what are you trying to accomplish? It doesn't seem as if you can even use $(substr inside RText. Do you simply want to list all the xrefs contained in the drawing? If so I'd say your best bet is to use a lisp, though it would not necessarily update automatically - it's possible to write it so it does though.