Block Description to Multileader LISP help/How to retain block description after WB

eyeofnewt555

Hey guys, first time posting so forgive (and gently correct) any lapses in forum etiquette.

So basically I'm trying to automate labeling landscape plans. Looking for a pain-free way to slap an accurate multileader on clusters of blocks, the original of which will have been pulled from a palette.

I know what you’re thinking—just use a block name->mleader LISP. Whale, our block names are written in a slightly different format than the desired leader text, for easier lookup. EG:

•Block name: Oak-Red

•Mleader text: X-Red Oak

So an ideal solution:

•Needs to pull from palette block description or some attribute other than block name

•Needs to be palette-friendly

This LISP is really great. BUT, we make our palettes by wblocking each block to its own drawing and then dragging all of those separate drawings into the palette (any other way and the palette moves ridiculously slow). WB saves the block as a drawing and removes block description, meaning the LISP doesn’t work on blocks taken from the palette :(.

So, do y’all know how to rewrite this LISP (is that even allowed—rewriting someone else’s LISP? Sorry, newbie here) to pull the description from the palette display (which I would go through and input) _or_ to retain the original block description through the WB process?

Unless y’all can come up with something clever, my workaround is going to be to change the block name to the desired Mleader text (X-Red Oak) and then change the block display name in the palette for easy look-up (Oak-Red), and then use a block name->mleader LISP. This works, but is not ideal—would take an obnoxious amount of time and they’d see “X-Plant Name” when doing bcount (not a huge deal).

HALP and thanks!