Extrude or Pushpull on angle

cdean84

Hi, I'm new to 3D modeling and have a possible simple question to do with Extrude or Pushpull. I'm trying to make a indentation on a box that will go in on a 45 degree angle. I have attached a sketch (PDF) to show what I'm trying to achieve. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. Extrude angle.pdf

Welcome to CADTutor cdean84. :)

One of the commandline options for the Extrude command is Path.

You will need to create your path before starting the command.

It is extremely important, to follow the commandline prompts, as by so doing, you will learn of numerous command specific options available, some of which may be non-intuitive.

Whoops, I just looked at your pdf, and the Path option is not going to help you on this one.

Personally, I would create the void as a 3D Solid entity, outside of the cube.

Then you can move or copy it into the desired position of the void, or in this case voids.

Then you can use the SUBTRACT command to create the voids.

Read and follow the commandline prompts.

Your first selection will be of the entity from which subsequent selections will be Subtracted.

There are lots of different ways to do this, but this is probably the easiest to explain.

This is simple enough using subobject selection. First draw the rectangles on the surface of the box, then using PressPull (PP) to remove to the depth required. Then hold CTRL down, pick the edge that needs to go away, pick the grip that appears, move your cursor and snap perpendicular to the opposite side. Repeat for the other one.

Screencast can be found here

http://autode.sk/2o5nSCk

This is simple enough using subobject selection. First draw the rectangles on the surface of the box, then using PressPull (PP) to remove to the depth required. Then hold CTRL down, pick the edge that needs to go away, pick the grip that appears, move your cursor and snap perpendicular to the opposite side. Repeat for the other one.

Screencast can be found here

http://autode.sk/2o5nSCk

+1 Nicely done rkent! :beer: