Exploding a text font

jscad1

I'm trying to find a lisp program that will explode a text font to closed polylines. The txtexp command works good if you zoom in on one text at a time. If you try to window a lot of text, the txtexp command makes the polyline very choppy.

First start by clicking on the .msi file (Windows Installer Package) you downloaded. Did you do that? If not then do so now.

When the program is finally installed you will see the following message on your screen.

Text_to_Geometry Message.JPG

Now all you have to do is click on the View Documentation button and read it. The answer you seek is right at the top of the page. Easy peasy.

How do I know all this? Simple. I just installed the program myself.

Edited by ReMark

The only file I saw to download was a zip file. There was no .msi file in it anywhere. I put the .dll in my autocad/support folder and did netload on the command line of autocad.

Can you please let me know where you found it

Yep, but the answer won't help you much. I found it on my hard drive. I must have downloaded it back in 2013 and forgot about it. Only came across it by accident looking for another lisp program in response to another member's question.

The zip file he posted in 2015 didn't come with the .msi file. Just guessing, but when it wasn't accepted as an add-on by autodesk I think he stopped doing the .msi file for the 2015 update.

Actually, the MSI files were always created by Autodesk. It was just my responsibility as the app developer to supply Autodesk with the Bundle file.

The MSI generated by Autodesk's App Store preparation process automated a couple of task for the user, but a user can easily do the install for themselves.

the latest Bundle file, which contains Dlls for AutoCAD versions 2009 through 2017, can be found in this post:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?90737-Text-To-Geometry-2015-Testing&p=661415&viewfull=1#post661415

This thread discusses what should be done with that Bundle file:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?90736-Wiki-thread-for-dealing-with-an-App.Bundle

Depending on the version of Windows, the STSC_TextToGeometry.bundle/Content/Support/STSC_Text2Geom*.dll files may need to be unblocked, as described more generally in this post:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/delay/p/unblockingdownloadedfile/

After re-reading the OP I should say that the Text to Geometry app may not help with your stated goal. The app creates the geometry when it runs - it does not modify text already in the drawing.

Thanks Seant,

I was able to load it now. You are correct that it is not my initial goad, but I can use this to rebuild if needed. Thanks again.