resizing squares

masterfal

Hi All,

I love in autocad how you have the ability to select multiple circles and modify the size of radius/diameter of all of them in one go through properties.

What I don't like in autocad is how you don't have a similar option for modifying the size of squares. Does anyone know of a way/method/lisp to easily modify the size of multiple squares (from their centerpoint) similar to how you can modify the size of circles?

For something like changing 600 x 600 squares to 850 x 850 there seems to be way to many steps..

(I do know this could be solved if the square was a block. I'm looking for a way to do it if they aren't though)

2 ways make a block of 1x1 size with centre insertion point, just use scale and can make any size in xscale & yscale direction. 2nd is use a dynamic block again 1x1 and just set the x y again. You could do a lisp but a lot of work. Just an additional question are the multiple squares touching so need to be moved as well ?

3rd answer if its multiple squares use NET hatch pattern you can scale this we copied it and made it to be 1x1 so hatch scale controls.

BIGAL... my hero

cheers buddy. pretty much exactly what I was after. with x and y scales that means I can utilize rectangles also

If there's multiple squares touching/overlapping then those specific ones will be exploded and trimmed out (squares are actually footings which need to stay central to columns or whatever they're supporting)

I'm a structural draftee, not eng so can't say for sure. Must be ok though because that's how we've done them for the past 15 years or so. I work on residential jobs, i'm guessing its more of an issue on the larger commercial type jobs.

ok got it but nothing seems to happen after running it. pops up with that msg saying "Ok" but no sizes change or anything